Well I let it happen. I started yet another project (this blog) and after a few feeble attempts, I let it go. But in my defense, alot has been going on lately. The weather has been downright perfect! Mid to upper 60's and plenty of sunshine. Yesterday I think we even topped the 70 degree mark! I also got approval to work from home 3 days a week!! This is HUGE and is really making my life easier. Of course now they are threatening a government shutdown since our continuing resolution runs out on March 4th. Good times.
The baby donkey is still running around like he owns the place. My wife has started a very bad habit of letting him run around with us and the kids in the yard. I say its all cute and funny now, but when he gets to be 300 pounds it won't be cute anymore. She says he will have a new home as soon as he is weened....we'll see. The larger male donkey "Cleroy" is awaiting his new home not too far from here. A fellow my wife works with wants him and since we really want the miniatures, we are happy to let Cleroy go to greener pastures.
I built two above ground planter boxes the other day. They are 8x3 and built out of 2x10's. Seem to be the perfect size. I will still have the plowed gardens but wanted to try my hand at container gardening. If it don't work out, I'll slap a lid on 'em and have perfect coffins.
Today is a busy day. All 3 kids have decided they want to play baseball again this year, so we have the oldest trying out at 10:00 and the twins trying out at 10:30 and then one of the twins has an Awana basketball game at 12:00. Oh and I think we have a birthday party or two thrown in later on this afternoon.
Since I'm not much on kids birthday parties, I think I'm going to tinker around with the go cart once again. I bought this thing last summer for $400 and it ran ok for a little while and now won't run at all. I have been watching You Tube videos and I think I'm brave enough to tear into it. I need to find a carb rebuild kit for a Tecumseh 6hp and there is only one parts store that would even come close to having one, and its in a neighboring town, in the opposite direction of any of the activities we have planned.
Anyway, I'm rambling, my coffee is cold and I hear the muchkins up and stirring. Sorry for the lack of pictures...I'll try to do better.
You have been busy! Isnt it nice to work at home? I love working at home myself. Cant wait to see your planter boxes.
ReplyDeleteI was getting worried about you and you are right, this does take time. I try my best but I just cannot get to it every day and makes me feel bad because I have anywhere from 75 to 200 people a day reading it. So if I do not blog I think I am letting them down in some way.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, glad to see you are busy and doing good.