Thats what I got accomplished over the long 3 day weekend. Oh I had big plans, including building planter boxes, getting a load of topsoil, buying a new mattress and beginning to clean out the small cluster of woods on the edge of our property that looks like snake infested jungle during the summer. But instead I did nothing except tick off the folks around me with every thing I said or did. We did manage to clean up donkey poo in the small pasture around the barn. Its closest to the house and we really have this thing about piles of poo laying around. Theres a certain amount of sadistic satisfaction that comes from watching your kids shovel poo while you supervise from the tractor seat. And I learned also that using large round bales to feed donkeys creates ALOT of wasted hay. I pushed up the two spots where I had previously put bales and there was just an enormous amount of wasted hay. So I may need to add a spot to store square bales on my summer to do list.
I'm home today with 2 sick kids, since I'm the one with the great job with a liberal leave policy. The flu is making its way around these parts, and I just hope and pray this is not that nasty mess. I'm supposed to go to Birmingham tomorrow to see a doctor about my back trouble, but not sure I'm gonna make it. Truth be known, I aint' feelin' all that great myself.
Anyway, on the donkey watch, still no baby. I spoke to their previous owners and they said that since she had a jenny last time, that from now on she will have jennies. We'll hopefully see soon. Oh and the chicken I was supposed to dispose of is no more. Apparently my wife took her frustrations at me out on the chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment