Saturday, January 8, 2011

BBRRRRR

Folks its getting colder by the minute outside.  Me and two of the boys ran up to the Farmers Feed and Seed and bought a load of firewood this morning.  Based on what the weatherman is saying, we could be in for a real mess tomorrow afternoon into Monday morning.  Ice and sleet wreck havoc on powerlines and our house is all electric, so a little voice told me I needed to have something to keep us warm, just in case.  Good thing I got there when I did though, because they were down to only a couple of half racks left!  Around these parts, when anyone mentions even a remote possibility of snow, there is a mad run on grocery stores for bread and milk.  Even folks who are lactose intolerant buy milk!  Go figure.  Anyway, I feel somewhat relieved that if the power goes off, at least I have warmth and I guess push come to shove I could figure out how to roast a hot dog.  That reminds me, we need hotdogs.
One of the boys is playing Upward basketball at a church down the road and he has his first game today at noon.  He is so excited and I can't wait to see him play.  After that me and the gang are going to go shopping for a birthday present for their Mom.  Then when I get back home, my plans are to put some donkey poo on the garden spots and maybe run a plow through it. 
Oh and good news!  After months of planning and working, the donkeys were released into the larger pasture this morning!  They are acting like kids in a candy store.  I'll try to get some pictures posted later if I can squeeze it in.  Right now though I gotta get moving to a basketball game!  

No comments:

Post a Comment