Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally Friday

It's finally Friday and Monday is a federal holiday so yea for a 3 day weekend! 
Day 3 of a diet me and wife are on and while I'm not necessarily hungry, I could eat the south end of a north bound mule if it were smothered in gravy and had a basket of rolls to go with it. 
This weekend is shaping up to be a pretty laid back one.  Tomorrow we have a Upwards basketball game and Sunday afternoon I may try to sneak in a hunting trip with 2 of the boys while the 3rd goes to the Shakespeare Festival with his granny, uncle and aunt to see a play about Bear Bryant.  For those not familiar with him, around here he is said to sit on a throne in heaven overseeing every SEC football game.  LOL
Also, I think the time has come for us to buy a new mattress.  It hurts my soul to pay so much for these things, but something has to give.  We've had one of those fancy, dancy memory foam things for about 6 or 7 years and its wallered out.  Wife was wanting to just buy oldest son a new bed since he's bigger now, but I say why not just give him our old one and buy US a new one.  We'll see how that battle shakes out.
Here's our pea patch from a year or so ago.  It was so warm.  I miss that day.

2 comments:

  1. The wife and I went through the bed thing about four months ago so I understand.
    We had the same bed for years and then we bought a new one a little over a year ago and it did not last very long.
    They just don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read several articles yesterday about them and most said all of them are basically the same. One article even said there was only one company that manufactures the springs, so no matter what brand of mattress you buy, it had the same springs. Not sure if thats true, but I do not look forward to buying one, thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete