Well, as is the case with many of the projects I start, I have gotten off to a bad start with blogging by not keeping it a daily part of my routine. I will do my best to change that. In my defense, I have spent a great deal of time over the past few days contemplating where I am in life, where I need to be and how to get there while making sure my family is on board. After reading Modern Day Rednecks blog the other day, I was relieved....nay OVERJOYED to know that I am not the only one thinking about "what if IT hits the fan". My wife is as sweet and loving as the day is long, but she is not much for non sense, hearsay and what if thinking. So after months of me casually mentioning having a small stockpile of things "just in case" I was absolutely floored when she came up a few weeks ago and said I could take over the closet in the foyer and turn it into our stockpile!!! Its only about 8 x 3 with bi fold doors, but it beats nothing. Its currently crammed full of my hunting gear and tools, so I have a strong suspicion she is just using that as a way to get me to clean it out!
But in all seriousness I am struggling with the whole prepping thing because I am a pre-tribulation believer. I believe my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, will return to this earth and take his people into heaven with him before the 7 year tribulation begins. So if I begin preparing for "IT" am I really denying that I trust in God to take care of me?? But the other side of me says that the Isrealites were allowed to roam the desert for 40 years. And I keep thinking what we consider as bad times are NOTHING compared to what folks back in biblical days had to contend with. They would laugh at us for getting all in a frenzy because we were without electricity for a day or two. So if any of my fellow Christians care to share your thoughts, either in favor of, or against stockpiling and prepping, I'm all ears.
Now to happier thoughts. I came home from work Monday evening right at dark (as usual) to find my oldest pounding the metal t-post to fill in the gap between the gate and the corner post where someone had set the posts too far out and left a gap. I was so happy! So I rushed right out and tacked up the pieces of chain I was going to use to secure the gates when as luck would have it, my chain was too short! Sooo, the donkeys will have to wait until I get by Tractor Supply to get some more chain before they can enjoy to tall grass that awaits them.
Since its the New Year and its customary for me to make resolutions that I rarely keep, this year shall be no exception. So here goes...
1. Get organized!! Throw out and clean up. I am a pack rat when it comes to old bank statements, tax returns and stuff that I'm not sure if I should keep or throw away. I have a folder that has ever owners manual to every appliance, tool, etc. that I have ever bought. I'm so ashamed.
2. Turn closet into mini stockpile once I am comfortable with my decision. If I decide not to stockpile, then it will remain as is.
3. Lose weight. Yea I probably just lost some credits on my man card for that one, but man I have GOT to. I feel like a slug and hoisting my heavy self up on the tractor and into my truck and pushing this wheelchair around are taking their toll on my shoulders and wrists. Part of that is cooking and eating healthier.
4. Speaking of cooking and eating healthier, I will begin taking a stronger role in the cooking. Being in a wheelchair, I have to ask my wife to handle chores that I would normally do, so its only fair that I exchange some duties. I will pledge to make weekly menus so she will know what to buy and I will cook more.
Well thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with more as I go.
Hopefully in the days to come I will share my plans for this years garden! I am excited about it and can't wait to play in the dirt. I also hope to chronicle a first for me....desposing of a chicken that is not healthy.
I just wrote you a nice long comment but something happen and it did not go through. I can't even remember what all was in it but I do know it had something to do with getting back you credit on your man card.
ReplyDeleteMan I wished it would have gone through, keep up the good work.
Thanks bud!
ReplyDelete